Friday, August 26, 2011

Crash Dieting is exactly that... a CRASH!

So after last weeks wonderful weight gain for both me and my better half. He decided that we should do a diet that I have done before and was successful in doing... I would have to add more calories and something extra though due to nursing. This Diet is not Healthy in any way shape or form it is meant for people who are preparing for surgery. Wednesday morning came and we started the following diet: We substituted the Coffee/Tea for a soda due to religious beliefs.
Day 1
Breakfast
Black coffee or tea, with 1-2 packets Sweet & Low or Equal
1/2 grapefruit or juice
1 piece toast with 1 tablespoon peanut butter
Lunch
1/2 cup tuna
1 piece toast
Black coffee or tea, with 1-2 packets Sweet & Low or Equal
Dinner
3 ounces any lean meat or chicken
1 cup green beans
1 cup carrots
1 apple
1 cup regular vanilla ice cream
Day 2
Breakfast
Black coffee or tea, with 1-2 packets Sweet & Low or Equal
1 egg
1/2 banana
1 piece toast
Lunch
1 cup cottage cheese or tuna
8 regular saltine crackers
Dinner
2 beef franks
1 cup broccoli or cabbage
1/2 cup carrots
1/2 banana
1/2 cup regular vanilla ice cream
Day 3
Breakfast
Black coffee or tea, with 1-2 packets Sweet & Low or Equal
5 regular saltine crackers
1 ounce cheddar cheese
1 apple
Lunch
Black coffee or tea, with 1-2 packets Sweet & Low or Equal
1 boiled egg
1 piece toast
Dinner
1 cup tuna
1 cup carrots
1 cup cauliflower
1 cup melon
1/2 cup regular vanilla ice cream
In addition to its strict daily food prescription, dieters drink 4 cups of water or noncaloric drinks daily.

Well we finished Day One and to my surprise I wasn't starving like I normally feel when I am doing this diet and I had no headaches.... It was the calm before the storm. I woke up in the middle of the night with pains in my legs and covered in sweat. When I woke up in the morning my body ached... MY WHOLE BODY ACHED. Both of us experienced the same physical pains so I knew that it was the diet that caused it. I never experienced this pain while doing the diet. It is now Friday night the night before weigh in and my body is still sore. Never again will I use a crash diet. I HAVE learned my lesson. Looks like its back to weight watchers the only "diet" I have ever know to really work in a healthy way!

1 comment:

  1. I tried that diet (known as the Mayo Clinic diet) way back when . . .it was sooooo boring and I truly love good food.
    Weight Watchers is the way go and I don't consider it a diet . . . it's more a lifestyle change because if it's not, then when I go off it, I will regain all the weight . . Americans are notorious for having such unhealthy lifestyles and diet. Wishing you good luck and remember 'slow and easy wins the race!'

    ReplyDelete