Saturday, August 6, 2011

Taking The Plunge

I have always said "I will lose the weight once we are done having kids"... well we are DoNe! After the last pregnancy experience we came to the conclusion that it is better have a Mom for the ones we do have then to have one more and no Mom. The baby is now almost 6 months and I have gained an extra 30 pounds since she was born yup that's right 30 POUNDS! You would think I was pregnant again right? Nope I just love food... its my comfort, security, and friend...and enough is enough my back cant take it, my knees cant take it, and my energy is shot so even though it will hurt we need to break up. That's right FRIEND I'm leaving you! So that leads us to where we are now. Today is DAY ONE... I am sure this will be hard and I will cry.. I will get angry and the Hubby is definitely going to have to roll with the swings in the end I know that I will be Happy. That makes what the future holds for us all worth it!

8 comments:

  1. Go girl! I started mine on Monday and have been going strong all week. Lost 5lbs! and had 2 blow ups at the hubby lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, while I admire your goal of 150 lbs. (we won't discuss how much I still need to lose) I have found it self-defeating to set such a lofty goal. Remember I have been at this off and on for longer than you have been alive. For me, my goal is 5 lbs. at a time. Then I reset it for 5 more pounds. . . this is working for ME. Love you grit and determination! You go Girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my Ultimate Goal... I know looking a the "big picture" discourages me so that is why I have set Monthly Goals 6lbs I too will "reset" once I hit that 6.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a smart cookie and a real CRAFTY CHIC! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is awesome! maybe i should do this as well. I know what its like to gain the weight, i gained 50 after abby was born, I have JUST now started to go back down!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOu can do it we will love to ehar how u do it and then im sure it will make me want to chacage and be like you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay so I want to lose some too, well maybe a lot in the long run. I am currently 280 lbs. and a size 20. My goal is about 8 lbs. a month and would love to get to 200 lbs. when I was 198 I was a size 5, weird i know but I am very muscular still. I found complete meals in the hot dog section of the store with the calories listed on the front. I ate one for lunch (390) and gave my 100 cal snack pack to the baby so technically I ate 290. And yes I am full. I think if any of us come across some really delicious diet meals we can share it on here to help everyone else. I am proud of you laura, maybe when we both hit a certain goal like 50 lbs. I will drive out there with the kids for a play/shopping day lol! ~Lacy

    ReplyDelete