Sunday, August 7, 2011

Fish... Fishy Mmm Mmmm Delishy

Are you a fan of fish? I'm not not at all never have been nor did I ever think I will be until I made this...


It was oven roasted..baked to perfection... the aroma teased and that first bite was just as my sense of smelling predicted AbSoLuTeLy desirable! All together with the steamed white rice, the Salmon fillet and broccoli my dinner came out to a whopping ready for this 8 points! Nat bad at all since I am averaging 10 points a meal on the Weight Watchers Nursing Mom Plan. I think everyone who has ever uttered the words "I don't like Fish" or "Fish is not for me" as I once have should really try this recipe. Its simple and a WW recipe too!

*Note I substituted Basil for Thyme and used all dry substitutions because I didn't want to go shopping on Sunday.


Ingredients
1 spray(s) cooking spray
1 1/2 pound(s) pink salmon fillet(s), four 6-oz pieces about 1-inch-thick each (also known as humpback salmon)
1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
1/8 tsp black pepper, coarsely ground, or to taste
4 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, divided
1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp parsley, fresh, chopped (plus extra for garnish, if desired)
1 Tbsp thyme, fresh, fresh, chopped (plus extra for garnish, if desired)
1 tsp lemon zest, finely grated (plus extra for garnish, if desired)
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp fresh oregano
Instructions

Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a small, shallow baking dish with cooking spray.

Season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper; place salmon in prepared baking dish and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.

In a small bowl, whisk together remaining 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, sugar, parsley, thyme, lemon zest, garlic and oregano; whisk until sugar dissolves and set aside.

Roast salmon until almost done, about 13 minutes; remove from oven and top with lemon-herb mixture. Return to oven and roast until salmon is fork-tender, about 2 minutes more. Garnish with fresh chopped herbs and grated zest, if desired. Yields about 4 to 5 ounces of salmon per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment