A lot of people ask me "Do you buy the weight watcher foods?" or "How much does it cost.. isn't it expensive?" My answer is No. I bought my books on ebay and everything well mostly everything we eat is "normal" for us. I just change the way it is prepared and portion control. You never realize how much you over eat until you start weight watchers! So tonight we had hamburgers Simple everyday type of Burger... Bun, Tomato, Lettuce, and of course a Pattie. I thought by making it at home it would be healthier. Boy was I wrong. We started cooking it up and I started adding. One Burger on a Whole wheat bun without any condiments or veggies was 14 POINTS That is sickening! Could you imagine how many points it would be at a Fast Food restaurant? Sad thing is... I am even guilty of eating two at home sometimes. Tonight I grilled them on our Lean Mean Grilling Machine, we had whole wheat buns, and pineapple on the side all together dinner was 8 points. We ended up slitting the burger instead of eating a whole one and to my surprise I am completely satisfied. After seeing This I think my burgers are going to be far and few in between.
Keep in mind this "Fat Catcher" is the length of the machine and we have the BIG family size one. The drippings were about 1/2 to 3/4 inch in depth! We only cooked THREE Patties!
WOW i know how you feel with all that fat when it comes off like that. Well ur doing great and thanks for this!
ReplyDeleteI've learned that it is just as cheap to buy really good burger. I usually buy the 93% lean/7% fat type. It's $3.38 a pound at WalMart and there is NO grease in it . . . The price per serving turns out to be about the same as less expensive ground meats but I don't have to clean up all that grease.
ReplyDeleteI never buy anything under 93/7... I actually never buy beef unless it is a Roast or patties. Those were Angus beef 93/7!
ReplyDeletewow. i never would've thought that. thank you for sharing! :) have you ever tried a protein turkey burger? I don't know the points system for it, but i would love to know :) i wonder if you can replace the ground beef patties, with lean ground turkey patties and instead of a bun, you wrap it with lettuce. i tried the carls junior version and it was delish! but i don't know if it's as healthy or not :/
ReplyDeleteWe usually only cook with 93/7 ground turkey breast. I eat the buns for the calories :) I have had burgers with just wrapped in lettuce... or those thin 100% whole wheat sand which bread they have now. The burger ALONE was 10 points for one Pattie. I plan on making some turkey burgers I found a WW recipe. Maybe next month :)
ReplyDeleteJust gonna say that picture makes me wanna throw up lol, good job today
ReplyDelete